Wednesday, September 21, 2011

See: halo

Cardigan: gifted Alternative Apparel; Tank: Forever21; Skirt: Old Navy; Shoes: Old Navy; Clutch: Aldo; Necklace: Forever21; Belt: Vintage Fendi








i loooove the light in these pics, especially this one




Believe it or not I've had this embellished tank for like 4 years and this is the first time I've ever worn it. I feel like every time I go through my closet I find something little that I've looked over and realize I can style it completely differently than I thought I could when I bought it. Same deal with this cardigan--I had it forever and always thought the length was a tad random, but in the recent weeks it has been my go to outfit topper.  The fabric is light and soft and soo comfortable.

If you haven't yet realized it, I'm a cray cray bargain shopper. I splurge every once and a while, but I usually try to keep individual pieces to under $50 (besides jeans and outerwear).  When it comes to brands like Forever21 and H&M, I have a weirdly good eye for what looks cheap and what doesn't.  One of my favorite brands for inexpensive basics is Old Navy. They have the best light weight tank tops and some great basic footwear. These shoes are a great example, they're a great, less expensive version of the coveted Isabel Marant Forbes booties, just not suede (boo hoo).  Oh and this skirt? The print is amazing, the colors are perfect for fall while keeping some vibrancy, and it's SO soft. If I could I would turn this skirt into a scarf in a million different colors so I can rub my cheeks against it all day.



Don't forget to Follow With A Twist



Bag: Aldo; Snakeskin Bracelet: H&M; Watch: Coach; Beaded Bracelets: made my by mom


you likey? I had a random though and impulsively did this...






jgulman's gallery
FOLLOW+  


2 comments:

  1. I was gonna say, I'm always surprised when I read the description of the pieces because you make them look more expensive than they are. This is something I'm trying to get better at, but I think it may just be innate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely beautiful... the skirt is amazing on you! The comment above is so beautiful too x

    ♥♥♥ Would love if you entered our:
      HOUSE OF HARLOW GIVEAWAY HERE ♥♥♥
    We reckon youd rock one of these pieces!!! xxx

    www.shantikdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete